Friday 26 January 2007

Sharon's Onion Soup

After a friend and I had a lovely onion soup in a French Cafe in Weimar, Germany in the summer I was determined to create my own version of the soup so that I could enjoy it at home too. I was so happy with my first effort that I wrote the recipe down straight away.


Ingredients:
2 onions (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped finely – or crushed if you have a garlic crusher)
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
2 or 3 tsp gravy granules
Approx 3/4 pint boiling water
1 tsp soft brown sugar

  1. Fry the onions and garlic with the herbs in a little oil until the onions go soft (at least 3 mins).
  2. While the onions are cooking boil the water and mix with gravy granules and sugar.
  3. Leave the gravy to stand.
  4. Pour the gravy over the onions and simmer gently for 15-20 mins.
  5. Add more water if soup becomes too thick for your liking.

2 comments:

Malc said...

Sounds so simple to make. Thanks Sharon :)

PS You mean your name isnt Perdysha ?? I am so surprised lol

Anonymous said...

The soup is very simple to make and it tasted absolutely delicious.

P.S. I was named after Sharron Davies the swimmer!